Career training accelerators for Business Development professionals.
What is the Firneo Academy?
Firneo Academy offers training programs that provide in-depth knowledge and practical skills to help you advance your Business Development career.
All classes are held with small groups of peers and led by experienced BD and partnerships professionals who combine real-world experience with a proven curriculum.
During every Academy program, you will:
- Learn frameworks and tactics to evaluate and pursue BD and partnership opportunities.
- Engage with peers and seasoned mentors to get personalized feedback and valuable insights to advance your BD goals
- Build a strong network as a member of the Firneo community to keep learning and growing well after the program ends.
Each Academy program cohort is limited to 15 students and consists of four weekly in-person sessions with additional project work between sessions.
How are Firneo Academy programs structured?
Each week you'll dive deep into instructor-led lectures, interactive group discussions, and hands-on role play scenarios. In between sessions, you'll connect with members of the Firneo community to start building your professional relationships.
- Weekly in-person sessions: Participate in weekly 3-hour in-person sessions with lectures, interactive group discussions, and hands-on role play scenarios.
- Project work: In between weekly sessions, you'll work with your classmates on projects that cement your skills and help you build relationships with peers.
- Guest speakers and mentors: Connect with guest speakers and mentors from the Firneo BD community, which include BD leaders from companies like WeWork, Facebook, Quora, Google, American Express.
- Join the Community: Firneo BD Academy graduates stay connected with peers across the globe as members of the Firneo BD community (Academy programs include 1-year of Firneo community membership, a $329 value).
Who teaches the Firneo BD Academy?
Classes are led by Scott Pollack, Founder & CEO of Firneo, former VP of Business Development at WeWork, and author of What, Exactly, Is Business Development: A Primer on How Deals Get Done.
Since 2011, Scott has taught classes and workshops on Business Development and partnerships at top business schools like Wharton, UC Berkeley, and NYU Stern. He also sold out every class as a Skillshare Master Teacher and designed the first courses on Business Development at General Assembly.
The Firneo BD Academy also features guest speakers and mentors from the Firneo BD community, which includes senior BD leaders from companies like Lyft, American Express, Quora, Facebook, and more.
Frequently Asked Questions
How much does it cost?
The cost of a 4-week Firneo Academy program is $1199.
When and where are classes held?
Weekly courses are held from 6pm to 9pm ET in NYC.
Can I take the class remotely?
At this time, Firneo BD Academy classes are only offered as live sessions in NYC.
Who should join the Firneo BD Academy?
Firneo BD Academy programs are designed for experienced professionals, startup founders, and others who seek to build partnerships & growth opportunities for their companies.
Do you provide job placement?
We don't provide job placement but we'll make you into someone people want to hire.
I'm interested - how do I join?
Firneo Academy programs are highly selective and limited to 15 participants. See below for additional details on upcoming programs and then complete this application in order to be considered.
Upcoming Firneo Academy Programs:
SEP 25 to OCT 21 2018
Fundamentals of BD & Partnerships
Application Deadline: August 21st
1. Value Alignment Frameworks: Learn systems to thoughtfully evaluate BD opportunities, avoid "shiny objects", and get on a viable pathway to creating long-term value for your organization.
2. Effective Pitching: Understand how to create and validate strong "value hypotheses" that open doors to start deals.
3. Getting Inside the Company Mind: Leverage principles of behavioral and organizational psychology to reveal how companies "think", how to successfully navigate organizations, and how to drive deals forward.
4. Herding Cats: Securing Resources and Getting Buy-In: Getting support from your own company is sometimes the hardest part of getting a deal to market.
5. Negotiatiating for Sustainability: Negotiating for business development is like negotiating with a spouse - you’ll need to live with them after the deal is done.
6. Power Dynamics and Relationship Management: Knowing how to manage strong, complex relationships is the only way to make sure the deal delivers after the ink is dry.
7. The Partnership Lifecycle: Forecast a future for your deals as partnerships rarely stay a steady course - they evolve, or they die.