Career training programs for Business Development professionals.
Firneo Academy offers Business Development and Partnerships training programs taught by senior leaders from the Firneo BD community.
What is the Firneo Academy?
Firneo Academy offers training programs that provide in-depth knowledge and practical skills to help you advance your Business Development career.
Classes consist of small groups of peers and are led by experienced BD & Partnerships professionals who combine real-world experience with a proven curriculum.
During every Academy program, you will:
- Learn frameworks and tactics to evaluate and pursue BD and Partnership opportunities.
- Engage with peers and seasoned mentors to get personalized feedback and valuable insights to advance your BD goals.
- Build a strong network as a member of the Firneo community to keep learning and growing well after the program ends.
What will I learn in the Firneo Academy?
Firneo Academy programs cover a full range of topics, including:
Frameworks for Strategic BD
Key tools and systems to evaluate opportunities that create long-term value while avoiding 'shiny objects'.
Startup/Big Company Partnerships
Creating a winning partnership is a challenge at any stage, but it's especially difficult for startup Davids trying to strike a deal with a Big Company Goliath.
How to create and validate strong "value hypotheses" that open doors to start deals.
Getting Inside the Company Mind
Leverage principles of behavioral and organizational psychology to reveal how companies "think", how to successfully navigate organizations, and how to drive deals forward.
Negotiating for the Long-Term
Negotiating for business development is like negotiating with a spouse - you’ll need to live with them after the deal is done.
Power Dynamics and Relationship Management
Knowing how to manage strong, complex relationships is the only way to make sure the deal delivers after the ink is dry.
How are Firneo Academy programs structured?
All Firneo Academy programs feature:
- Self-paced learning with interactive groups: Work at your own pace with weekly content, and participate in live chats and officer hours with your instructor and fellow students
- Small groups: All classes are capped at 15 people to ensure that everyone is connected and engaged.
- Guest speakers and mentors: Connect with guest speakers and mentors from the Firneo BD community, which include BD leaders from companies like WeWork, Facebook, Quora, Google, American Express.
- Join the community: Firneo BD Academy graduates stay connected with peers across the globe as members of the Firneo BD community.
Who teaches the Firneo Academy?
Programs are led by Scott Pollack, Founder & CEO of Firneo, former VP of Business Development at WeWork, and author of What, Exactly, Is Business Development: A Primer on How Deals Get Done.
Since 2011, Scott has taught classes and workshops on Business Development and Partnerships at top business schools like Wharton, UC Berkeley, and NYU Stern. He also sold out every class as a Skillshare Master Teacher and designed the first courses on Business Development at General Assembly.
The Firneo Academy also features guest speakers and mentors from the Firneo BD community, which includes senior BD leaders from companies like Lyft, American Express, Quora, Facebook, and more.
Core BD & Partnerships
Registration is currently closed and will re-open in Q4 2018.